Monday, March 22, 2010

Dalek Update

This is the picture I didn't manage to find last time; it's from early January. I haven't worked on it since then, mainly because I haven't figured out how to resolve the empty spaces. Handy tip: it is a good idea to plan your counted embroidery piece before you start to embroider it.

Okay, I guess I did plan it. But then horror vacui kicked in and I was unable to stop with just the central figure. You can't really tell from the photo, but the edge of the fabric is less than an inch from all the embroidery.

I must say I have been entertained for the past month with thoughts of blackwork Daleks--seek, locate, decorate!--and it might be necessary to embroider one!

2 comments:

Phiala said...

It is a highly medieval aesthetic to want to fill all the available space with patterns.

And I think blackwork daleks would be awesome.

Elmsley Rose said...

LOL!