Sunday afternoon I finally got in gear. I cleaned all the arachnid detritus out from between the windows, and I cleaned off my project table. Then, in order to be able to put away the textile paints, I had to paint the fabric. Because of the expanse of empty table available, this was possible (amazing). Back in July I had this idea that it would be fun to have a new embroidery to work on during my trip to Florida, something like, say, a mermaid. Reason stepped in heavily, and I concluded that I didn't have time to start something else, and I wasn't going to have much time on the trip anyway.
The paints and cloth have been waiting since then, and now here she is:
Then, since there was paint left over, I painted this. It is hideous, but I like it anyway.
Then, since I still had paint left over, I painted this:
And then there was STILL paint left over, and I painted these.
Then I was really hungry and pretty tired of painting, so I did not use up the remaining bits of paint.
Notes on painting on fabric:
1. painting on colored cloth: thumbs up
2. I was reminded why gesso was invented--fabric is bumpy
3. This time, I will remember to iron the things BEFORE I wash them.